Please note our surgery will be closed on Wednesday 14th October 2020 from 1pm to 4pm.
Coronavirus is still circulating in our local area and local restrictions are still in place in Manchester.
If you have a fever, continuous cough or lose your sense or taste or smell you must stay at home for 10 days and arrange a test straight away and everyone
in your household must stay at home for 14 days.
To book a test visit www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or call 119.
We are aware there is a problem with the national NHS Test Trace website, which the national team are currently working on. If you have tried to book a swab test and can’t get through please do try again later. In the meantime, if you have Coronavirus symptoms, please stay at home.
If you have concerns about your symptoms or other health conditions please complete an online form on our website or call the practice and one of the clinical team will contact you.
Please don’t come into the practice or go to A&E. Only call 111 if you need urgent medical attention.
This is information about this year's flu vaccination campaign during the Covid pandemic. All patients will be invited to a specific appointment to comply with Infection Control. The first clinics will be on weekend days for our most vulnerable shielded patients. After these clinics , the remaining patients will receive a text or letter confirming the time slot and date, during September to November. There will be a further general text or letter with more information in the next month. We have approximately 2000 patients to vaccinate out of a total of 9000 in the practice.
Please click on this link for more information on Supporting your recovery after COVID-19
Click on this link for more information for parents on Covid advice for children under 12 years
Please can we let you know that the The Lakes Medical Centre will be opening from 8am and closing daily from 1pm until further notice.
You will still be able to speak to us by telephone.
From 1.30pm, all calls to the Lakes Medical Centre will be automatically transferred to our sister site - The Maples Medical Centre.
Please note that access to entering the building is limited at this moment in time
To reduce your need to visit the surgery: -
- Check your symptoms online via 111.nhs.uk/ to direct you to the right place before contacting us.
- If you or a family member living with you have any symptoms of the Coronavirus, stay at home and self-isolate as directed. Ring 111 if your symptoms get worse.
- Call into a pharmacy for any minor aliments for them to assess and direct you – please use this link for more information on minor ailments.
- Order your repeat medication on-line via patientaccess.com or SMCCG.MaplesMedical@nhs.net
- Ask a friend or family member to become a proxy through Patient Access to order your medication for you, or see if they will post your request.
- Send any general questions to the SMCCG.MaplesMedical@nhs.net mailbox.
- Post your prescription requests outside in the surgery post box rather than coming in.
- Send us an email or drop us a note asking us to contact you if you don’t know what medication it is that you need to order, and we will contact you back asap.
- Ask the Drs medical questions via On-Line Consult - https://www.online-consult.co.uk/org/maples-medical-centre
- Make sure that you give us plenty of notice when ordering your medication (don’t leave it to the last minute).
- We are sending prescriptions electronically to your Pharmacist, so please check with them first to see if they have received it before contacting the surgery.
- Ring for a telephone consultation, or an enquiry.